Saturday, May 28, 2011

Way to look on the bright side of things!

Dear diary,

"Recession, I don't have a job, but my tan looks great!" 
- Phrase on a random student's t-shirt.


 Someone has got her priorities straight! Sad thing is, I bet there are some people in the U.S. that have that same mentality.




What am I???


What am I, indeed. One of the few things I have been missing from home: having a stable source of electricity! A problem found mainly in the outer districts are "scheduled" black outs. But, more or less, they are random. The city sets these schedules, but they don't really give adequate notice. It happens about twice a month out here, so I am definitely looking forward to moving into the city center since it's very unlikely to happen there.

That's a photo of my room, btw. You can sort of see on the left side a very faint image of my window. No flash, of course, to share with you what I get to not see when these things happen.


Also, my sleep schedule is still pretty messed up after having 4 weeks off from the CELTA course. I've been catching the most random naps lately. This seems very handy to have around in those cases:


http://www.studio-kg.com/ostrich/ - Do want.


cheers,
tm

No comments:

Post a Comment